Our body needs the right amount of rest in order to be able to function properly. Taking proper sleep is very important to live a healthy lifestyle. In this busy world where there is no time for self-care and you have so much stress mounting on your head every day makes that it leaves you so exhausted and tired that it becomes very difficult to sleep. Insomnia can cause a lot of health issues and it can have an adverse effect on your mental health. If someone feels that even after being tired you are not able to sleep then one can try these basic easy remedies to sleep.
- Try to blink your eyes continuously before sleeping, it will make your eyelids tired and thus helps you to sleep early.
- Having a nice scented room with some nice lavender or rose aroma can help you with sleep. Having a nice aroma makes your body relaxed and thus helps you switch off your senses and sleep early. Aromatherapy has been known to appease your senses and helps you in relaxing your body.
- Washing your feet before sleeping with lukewarm water can help you get relaxed and thus help you sleep early.
- Keeping your room clean and tidy and make sure your bed is made-up; it makes you calmer and might help you to sleep.
- Keeping the lights dim at night can help you with sleep because your retinas serve two purposes — receiving input necessary for vision, and housing sensors that detect the rise and fall of daylight. Your body uses light to set your internal clock to a 24-hour cycle, regulated largely by the hormone melatonin. Your body produces melatonin at night, which tells your body that it’s time to go to bed. But when your retinas take in light, especially blue light (emitted by energy-efficient light bulbs and most electronic devices) this light suppresses the production of melatonin, messing up your circadian rhythm.
- Start having dinner at least 2 hours before you go to sleep so that you can have 2-3 hrs of gap before your dinner and going to bed. It settles your stomach which in turn helps you in sleeping.
Some other things that you can do include playing soft, instrumental and relaxing music as it does wonders and might help you to sleep early. Exercising every day will keep your body and mind healthy and can help you in having a nice sleep. You might be mentally exhausted but if you don’t take up any physical exercise it leaves your body uneasy and makes it difficult for you to sleep.