Every child is gifted! With the changing world, thinking of people have changed towards everything they perceive. Each one of us believes that people should follow their passion and earn their living using it as stepping stone of success. When we have a look at famous celebrities and successful people, we tend to see similarities among them – they all followed their passion and dreams!
Why Should You Know About the Gift Your Child Possesses?
Just as every child has unique abilities, no two gifted children are exactly similar. Psychologists, scholars, and experts who study children’s giftedness have recognized several formal and informal gauges to help determine if a child is gifted. Results discovered were incredible! Yes, each child has the ability to do something creative and innovative right from the beginning if guided in the correct way.
Develop your children’s talent and polish their skills by detecting early what abilities they have and their interest’s zone. There’s never too late for anything but helping from an early stage, aids him in living his dreams happily and satisfactorily.
Once I asked a seven-year-old about what he wants to become when he grows up? To which he replied “I want to be a singer when I grow up but my parents don’t approve of it. They want me to go to U.S.A for my higher education and study hard to become a doctor.” Further which I asked him “Are you willing to be one?” There came an abrupt NO!
It’s our duty as parents to recognize them and help them out to hone their skills for a successful, bright future with a happy and contented present. How to identify a child’s abilities and gifts? Have an insight into our guidebook for your answers:
Considering a child’s language development as compared to others of a similar age include:
- Highly advanced vocabulary and the capability to learn new words effortlessly by the kid.
- The tendency to speak clearly and quickly without fumbling.
- The early use of long-tailed words and more complex sentences while using appropriate grammar is yet another sign of his/her abilities.
- Being curious and asking questions about what they see and hear, and wanting to get immediate responses and explanations.
2. His/Her Ability To Learn:
Many gifted children are learners by birth who display some of the following characteristics:
- The capacity to learn swiftly and resourcefully. Also, they pick up ideas and skills readily.
- Having the tendency to concentrate and focus on certain areas of their interest e.g., bugs, space, animals and independently hunt for information on these topics.
- Their capacity to ask questions that show innovative insight or understanding.
3. Emotional or Behavioral Traits To Look For:
- A gifted child can appear to have an endless and infinite source of energy, continually moving, talking, asking and exploring.
Read Also: Communication skills that you must possess
- The tendency of reasoning and talking fast because they may be trying to speak as quickly as they think because of which gifted children are often asked to slow down so that the listener can understand them. They can also become irritated when they feel that others are talking too slowly or taking too much time to get to the point.
4. Hidden Gifts of Children:
Some gifted children show only a few of the signs as explained above or show characters that are quite the opposite of what you had expected. For example, some will start to speak late, some will be emotionally reserved and some appear to think and speak slowly.
Identifying giftedness can be complicated. IQ tests are certainly lacking instruments and only the one piece of the puzzle. Your understanding and instincts can often be the most significant pieces needed to truly understand your child’s exclusive gifts and potentials.